A sell side firm is looking for a Senior Hedge Fund analyst from a credit analysis and RM support point of view. This role is client facing - you will work alongside RM's as regards meeting clients to discuss the analysis and recommendations that are made accordingly, all part of the due diligence process.
"Hedge fund" in this instance is chiefly pan European Fund & Hedge Fund businesses with the view to cautious growth of the overall portfolio with some secondary NBFI work to boot. Your due diligence and recommendations will form the cornerstone of information upon which the strategy is executed. There will be close and constant interaction with the front office bankers as well as Risk & other departments.
Main duties in bullet point form:
* Origination and completion of credit submissions for Fund & hedge Fund businesses across Europe
* Hands on in preparation of Bank's NBFI & credit strategy overall, keeping the group updated with all industry headlines and information and suggesting the best implementation based on the information available.
* Credit Analysis of broad range of funds & underlying assets, making careful recommendations of limits to be applied
* Diligent reporting to Credit Risk team in order to achieve the best risk model and quality of data
* Attend client meetings with FI Relationship Managers in order to present the best possible corporate image and to explain analysis and findings
The candidate needs to have this background having worked in the Hedge Fund Analyst space. Specifically the candidate needs to either have Fund or Hedge Fund coverage as a major part of the overall portfolio or else be a designated Hedge Fund or Fund specialist. In addition, you must have an exemplary command of news and events that occur and affect the Fund & hedge Fund industries. Finally, your credit review methodology has to be detailed and accurate, the Risk team sets very high standards in terms of the quality of analysis and recommendations they demand.
A job spec is available for this role
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London
Salary : £72,000 - £85,000
Date Advertised : 04 Oct 2012
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.